- Know your audience. Take the time to learn their interests and forms of communications, and then tailor your strategy to communicate using those venues.
- Have a clear call to action. This includes a clear message and “elevator” pitch.
- Connect with your target audiences emotionally. Through the use of focus groups or surveys, find out what motivates your donors to give.
- Talk about solutions to needs – give hope!
- Be consistent with your language. Your taglines, position statement, talking points, and elevator pitch should employ similar messaging.
- Be consistent with your mechanisms. Your organization’s website, emails, social-media accounts, and speeches should have the same “look and feel.”
Find out more about creating an effective communications strategy by contacting The INS Group.